utter confusion

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jacksprat, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacksprat

jacksprat Registered Member

I have just install a 30 day free trial of eset, recommended by puter tech. I had MSE, but he said eset was better. I don;t have the slightest idea how to use it. My MSE would notify me of threats and let me scan anytime. This eset just sets there and when it does appear on my monitor I can't read it it is so small and no instructions. Any ideas?

2. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello jacksprat welcome to the forum.
    Eset is a set and forget application, with a very strog Default configuration which will fit most users. You can rest assure that Eset will notified you when a piece of malware hit you system. Otherwise you will not hear anything from Eset, other when it update its signatures. You can always do and on demand scan or schedule a scan anytime you wish.
    Eset have a very good knowledge base where you can seek answer on how to use your new nod32: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=home

Best Regards

Woodgiant

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2011
  3. Wallaby

Wallaby Registered Member

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  5. BobbyZee

BobbyZee Registered Member

Hi jacksprat,

Like you, I too am running the 30 day free trial version and I thought you might
    like to know what I think of it.

I'm cracking on 70 years of age, home user and a non "techie". I'm running
    program in advanced mode which I found a doddle to set up, if you take
    Woodgiant and siljaline's advice, you too will find it easy.

My previous av was Avast!5 free which kept me infection free for 18 months
    but I felt was giving me small problems in other areas, prior to Avast I ran
    MSE. So far, my impressions of NOD32 have been very positive and I'll almost
    certainly purchase the full version, great knowledge base, just hope the forum
    is as friendly and helpful as Avast's, which I'm sure it is!

Cheers, BobbyZee

6. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Adding my pennyworth. My father is 81, has installed NOD32 in default 'set and forget' mode and hasn't had a single issue. He is happy that NOD32 is doing it's job without interfering and commented to me the other day that 'my machine seems to run faster since I changed to NOD32 from K********. He also likes the comfort factor of the frequent update pop-ups!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.