Utorrent & Port forwarding

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by farsight, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farsight

farsight Registered Member

Hi, new to LnS and ruleset firewalls in general so bear with me on this question that Im sure has been asked before.

Looking for something as simple as port forwarding help. Trying to get a random port open for Utorrent (a bittorent client) , lets say..32459, on another computer in the network.

So the setup is

Internet - Computer 1 Server 82.182.15.*/192.168.0.1(with LnS)(ICS)
    - Computer 2 192.168.0.163(ICS)(Utorrent:32459)

The port is most defenetly not coming through, tried different ways of trying to open the port but I dont understand anything from the firewall and is way over my head. I choose this firewall becouse it was cheap in resources, ie ram/procc
    but the only reason its up and running is becouse of other peoples ruleset.

trying to open specific ports on the server, or port forwarding has so far not worked. If not I will have to try and find a less technical FW that uses as litle memory.

2. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

Hi

I was unsure about things at the beginning, but really its quite simple. For Bit Torrent, all you have to do is download the Bit Torrent rule from the LnS site, and import it into your ruleset, and edit it to include your port number that you are using. Then action it to work when Utorrent starts up. Where you place it depends on the ruleset you are using.

Hope this helps !

Ask again if your not sure, I only learnt by asking-Good Luck!!

3. farsight

farsight Registered Member

Thanks, tried using the standart bittorent ruleset but that did nothing, even managed to block the port for utorrent on the server computer as well using that:)

Think I will simply uninstall LnS and move to a less advanced FW. Just have to find one that uses small resources even when my line is maxed.

4. crookit

crookit Registered Member

Works for me, make sure you enter Port 32459 in TCP/UDP : port

Don't give up this is a great firewall.

5. crookit

crookit Registered Member

This is my setup for utorrent.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.