Using universal restore on different dell servers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by roohin, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roohin

roohin Registered Member

Hi,

I am trying to restore an image of a Dell PowerEdge 1600SC to a Dell PowerEdge 1800SC, the operting system is SBS2003 and both servers are raid-5. I am using the latest version of TrueImage Enterprise Server and Universal Restore Patch.

When I reboot the server after a restore both the mouse and keyboard are disabled, I get a prompt about a driver about to be installed is not digitally signed and do I want to continue, but of course I dont have mouse or keyboard to confirm.

I've restored this same image to a Dell PowerEdge 2850, also raid-5, and it's still booting after 7 hours, the current dialog says 'the system is being restored in accordance...blah blah..and will reboot after completion'.

We have spent a lot of money on this products and I must say Acronis's failure to respond to my support queries is very disappointing, symantec do a rival product and I am thinking maybe I made a mistake going with Acronis.

I would be eternally greatful if anyone can suggest any possible solutions to my dilemma, I am about to pull out my last strand of hair!!

Thanks in advance.

Roohin.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello roohin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that this issue was present in the old builds of Acronis True Image and Acronis Universal Restore (check this thread for details). Therefore, please make sure you use the latest build (3718 ) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows and the latest version of Acronis Universal Restore. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Create a new bootable CD using the latest build and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please submit a request for technical support. Provide them with the exact vendor of the mouse and keyboard you use. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.