Using TI 9.0 Home as non-Administrator ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GunBee, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunBee

GunBee Registered Member

BUILDS:
    • Windows XP PRO - SP2
    • Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (build 3677)

SYSTEM CONFIG:
    • My system has 1 Administrator account and several ordinary (non-Administrator) user accounts.
    • The Administrator account is only used for installing software, hardware, etc
    • All users, including myself, run as standard ordinary users.

SCENARIO:
    • I want to assign Backup/Restore permissions (or in general: Acronis TI usage permissions) to one of the ordinary user accounts. This person should have the ability to launch an ad-hoc backup command, mount an image and restore individual files, etc.
    • All other users should not have access to the Acronis TI Home application.

QUESTION:
    How can I configure Acronis TI Home for non-Administrator users?
    I've been using Symantec Ghost 10 in the past and Ghost allowed you to specify additional Ghost users, that have non-Administrator privileges. I'm also a Nero user which features the "Nero BurnRights" utility to allow selected (non-Admin) users to burn CD/DVD's etc.
    One could say that I'm looking for a similar permission set as the "Backup Administrators" Windows Security Group for Acronis TI 9.0 Home.

Thanks for your help and kind regards,
    GunBee.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Can you not make a user group and attach TI to that and give the required permssions, or log on as user and then choose run app as and change permissions at that point.

The other option might be to install TI for all users and then remove all the other users permissions.

I might have to go away and try this out.

Either way unlike the workstation version, there is no built in permission giving/taking in TI Home - so it would have to be done through the XP/2K permissions system.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GunBee,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the account which is used for backup purposes should at least have Backup Operator rights, or, better, Administrator rights.
    You can check the user rights at Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Managment -> Local users and Groups. Therefore, you can add non-Admionistrator user to "Backup operator" group and then this user will be able to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.