Using TI 8 with GoBack

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by charlesn56, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlesn56

charlesn56 Registered Member

I am creating a disk image using the last build of TI 8, I have also run into this problem with earlier versions of TI. When I disable GoBack or choose not to disable GoBack, the TI software locks-up at some point during the image process and I have to reboot. Any ideas of what might be the problem. I really do not what to remove the GoBack software and reinstall it each time I want to do a backup image.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Charles

You may have to do what you don't want. I don't think GoBack is compatible with imaging software. One of the reasons I switched to FDISR(raxco). You can disable the preboot, and remove FDISR from the MBR, image your disk, and then reenable. I don't believe there is anyway you can do anything comparable with GoBack

3. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Aaaah, I LOVE FDISR ! I have it on all three of our machines at home. Very reliable and can be a great way to create a separate and isolated clean Win XP install and check out software you're having trouble with ! ;)

4. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

If you are going to restore your image, you have to remove GoBack from the MBR too or disable it inside Windows.
    I use TI 9 and GoBack at work without any kind of problem.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  5. Alwill

Alwill Registered Member

This FAQ deals with the subject.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Significant difference for TI users. When I disable MBR with FDISR I don't lose history. It is included in the ATI archive. When you disable Go-Back you do lose the history. Significant difference.

7. Crashpilot

Crashpilot Registered Member

Hi,

That FDISR info is great news since I had GoBack installed and it took endless until all the stuff was removed when I disabled it. Since that also removed all stored data I finally removed GoBack completely.

Thank you all

Crashpilot

8. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Disadvange with FDISR is the inablitiy to work with Fat 32, no such problem with GoBack.

John

9. charlesn56

charlesn56 Registered Member

Thanks for the help!. When the FAQ ref. to disable GoBack, to me that is not telling me to remove the GoBack software from my HD. There was one time with an early ver. of TI 8 that I did get a image of my disk with GoBack running. But, in all the other times I have had to remove the software from my HD, run TI and then reinstall GoBack. These are both good programs but I wish I could run them together. Any other thoughts?

10. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Using TrueImage v8 I make all my backup images from within Windows without removing, or disabling GoBack.

You will need to disable GoBack before restoring an image but there is no need to uninstall GoBack before restoring.

This is well documented on the Acronis Web Site.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.