Using Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by glennie, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glennie

glennie Registered Member

This is from the Spywareblaster 'Help' page:

1.)Open SpywareBlaster
    2.) Click on the "Enable All Protection" link under Quick Tasks on the main screen.

I have Spwareblaster installed. If I want to be protected, do I have to do 1.) and 2.) every time I turn on the computer? (If so, is there a way of running Spywareblaster on start up?)

2. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

No, SWB doesn't need to run to protect you, it works by putting killbits in the registry. The only time you need to run it is to check for updates - news of the latest updates will be posted on these forums - then once those have downloaded click on enable all protection to bring SWB up to speed. Otherwise it's maintenance free ;)

3. glennie

glennie Registered Member

Many thanks Meltdown.

4. Willjgt

Willjgt Guest

Figured that was a dumb question but I came over here to ask it myself. Help isn't real helpful on that question. ---Will

5. ChgoBob

ChgoBob Guest

It's so dumb, <G> that I also came here looking for the answer! What confused me was that when I would open the program, I would see the "loading" bars go across. So I put it in my start-up folder just to be safe. Now I can remove it.

Thanks for the answer.

6. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

Not a dumb question at all, but an oversight in the GUI. You open the app, you see the message 'Please be patient while SpywareBlaster loads the protection database'. You take this to mean that prior to opening SWB, the protection wasn't loaded, so you weren't protected. If they changed the wording, maybe just switched 'loads' to 'checks', the confusion wouldn't arise.

Perfect app in every other respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.