Using SpyDefense ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by StevieO, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

I know there are a few threads on SpyDefense, but i havn't heard anything new for a while from anyone about it. Are people still using it, and if so what are their experiences thoughts on it ?

http://www.everestlabs.com/

Thanks

StevieO

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2006
  2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I never heard of it. Is it legitimate?

3. Mucker

Mucker Registered Member

SteviO, I am using it at the moment because it has realtime protection and it is free. It seems to be ok and doesn't use a great amount of resources. I use it alongside Prexz1r for now.

Mucker

4. spindoctor

spindoctor Registered Member

Looks interesting. Anyone know what the free version can do? Can I run scans and remove any spyware I might find with the free version? Or is it the realtime protection that's free?

How good is the program at finding and removing spyware? Can the free version detect a wide variety of malware or just spyware, mostly? Is the database of sigs still fairly low?

I probably give it a try myself to see what it can do.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I tried it for some time. GUI is very nice, fast scan. I was not able to update though. Real time protection seems poor, less than wondows defender but on-demand detection looks a bit better( it was not updated any how).
    It,s beta.
    After some playing I renoved it.

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I already use it some months ago, but they develop very slowlly and they didn't a good work on their forum...

It's a nice program, but now we have a better free program, the Spyware Terminator...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.