Using space over 2tb mbr boot

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Dan Young, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Dan Young

Dan Young Registered Member

I have a dell t7400 which looks to not support gtp via bios (latest firmware). I have a lsi 9620 8i with 4 sas 2tb drives installed running raid 10. The virtual drive shows as 3.8tb, in windows 7 pro 64bit only get 2tb showing usable. Paragon HD Manager 12 shows the unallocated space but cannot do anything with it. Tried using gtp but system would not boot and had to switch back to mbr with paragon boot media.
    Like the speed and redundancy of raid 10 if I could just use the extra space would be nice. Can Paragon HD Manager make use of it somehow or any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I don´t know much about RAID, but, AFAIK, in a BIOS system with Windows 7, the boot disk must be an MBR disk. If the disk is 2TB+, the system will only see 2TB of it. You can use a 2TB+ disk as a data disk, as long as it is initialized as GPT.

3. Dan Young

Dan Young Registered Member

Is it possible to boot from mbr flashdrive which will then access the larger gtp drive with windows/data on it. Just using
    flash drive for boot purposes?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.