Using Proxies

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by NetTraveler, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetTraveler

NetTraveler Registered Member

Hi all.. :)
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm wondering if anybody knows about using proxy clients like Streganos Internet Anonym..
    I've heard that some proxy's could be dangerous, so I wonder when looking for proxy servers with Streganos,(program looks automatically) how do you know if he picked "safe" servero_O :ninja:

2. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

There is information on them all over these forums. Personally, I use either JAP or Tor. Tor seems to be the fastest but doesn't have as nice of a GUI ATM and is still in beta stage for windows. JAP has had backdoors put in by the goverment, but is open source. If you don't mind spending some money you can get great deals. Just look around...

3. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I have used Steganos Internet Anonym Pro 7, I think it was. The program is reasonably smart, it prioritises the proxies depending on how fast they work and then uses the fastest proxies available, so it speeds up the longer you stay online.

Jimbob

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

The only danger being that the Steganos program just routes you through myriad of proxies and some could be honey pots. Traffic is in the clear and except for the most basic of surfing, I wouldn't trust it.

5. yazid_5000

yazid_5000 Guest

i have been using Anonymous proxy.proxy server is not reliable.

6. Carver

Carver Guest

I just started using Jap on Firefox, Opera is my detault browser. I didn't know that Jap had backdoors, sort of defeats the purpose of being anonymous doesn't it. I downloaded Tor, I don't get why you have to download privoxy just to be able to configure Tor. Shouldn't that be a part of Tor. I have IE but only use it for M$ updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.