using "plug image" with backed up files and folders

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by radium02, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radium02

radium02 Registered Member

Hello,

I have a drive with just 'my documents' in it (things like music, video, pics, papers..etc.) I backup everything in this drive except the videos folder because I have them backed up onto DVD and backing them up in the archive is just a waste of space.

1. Is there a way I can backup "files and folders," and use the tib file to plug into a virtual drive so I can access the data inside the archive?

2. Or is there a way I can backup the partition in the drive and exclude the vidoes folder? (Because I know if you backup a partition, you are able to use the archive as an image for use in a virtual drive)

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello radium02,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, you can create an image of separate files and folders but you are not able to mount such image in order to access the data inside it.

Yes, you are able to copy a file/folder from the virtual drive (mounted image of a hard drive/partition) to a real partition.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.