Using NOD32 in only some User Accounts (XP)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tenzenbulls, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenzenbulls

tenzenbulls Registered Member

I have two user accounts on xp - one for general use and internet - and another for music recording and performance.

I wish not to have NOD32 running on my music account in order to maximise system resources. The only way I have found to disable ekrn.exe is to disable it in msconfig /services tab - but this then applies to both user accounts.

I was told I could create separate logon scripts for each account, but besides not being quite knowledgeable as to do this myself, it seems if the eset service is disabled via msconfig it will prevent any logon script from loading it anyway...?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nathan.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Once the Nod32 kernel service loads, it isn't getting unloaded from the system without a full reboot. Right clicking the system tray icon and selecting Disable antivirus and antispyware protection will lower your overhead by disabling all scanning but I can't think of a good way to script that with an account's logon so it is automatic. If you are having performance issues with the recording software, you'd be better off figuring out what it is choking up on (I would guess it has a temporary directory it writes to that could be added to the scan exclusion list) instead of going through a convoluted process of multiple accounts, enabling/disabling services, or turning off the scanning engine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.