Using Netscape and Yahoo Browsers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by RobZee, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

I have been using Yahoo Browser (IE 6?) ever since I started DSL service with SBC Yahoo! a couple of years ago. Prior to that time, I had used AOL and Netscape browsers. Having discovered Wilders last year, I have been trialing alot of security programs and now am looking at several browser alternatives (FF, Opera, Netscape).

My immediate question has to do with Netscape 8 Beta, which I like upon first impression. My question has to do with accessing and using my Yahoo home page within Netscape - am I compromising any Netscape security when I do that? Am I still using the Netscape browser when I do that?

I have the same question about using the IE rendering engine option on some sites as Netscape allows.

These questions may not even make sense, but I would appreciate any input.

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

You forgot to try Mozilla Suite. ;) You should try it, it's a lot like Netscape.

To answer your question: You won't compromise security if you configure your browsers properly. The key is understanding how they each address security.

Personally I like Firefox for security. It is a lot easier to manage. Internet Explorer uses zones and that is where a lot of people get confused. Searching through all of those custom settings can be intimidating.

Last edited: May 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.