Using MyIE2 Browser...help please

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by amipup, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amipup

amipup Registered Member

Does anyone know how to get SpywareBlaster and other software here, to work with MyIE2 Browser (instead of IE which I don't use)? I love this browser and would prefer to continue using it....but I do want to be safe while on the net too.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Ami *puppy*

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi, and welcome to Wilders! I've moved you over to the SpywareBlaster forum section - although I honestly kinda reckon that SpywareBlaster ought to work fine with an IE shell just like it does IE. Anyway I'm probably wrong :rolleyes:

But... never fear - Javacool or someone else will know for sure :D

3. amipup

amipup Registered Member

Thank you Detox for the welcome.....and sorry I posted in the wrong place..lol..nice of you to move me where I should be :)

4. MCT

MCT Registered Member

u should have looked a little better, or searched.. i answered a post like this this morning titled Avant Browser look here

hope it helps :D

5. sig

sig Registered Member

As MCT indicates in the other thread, browsers such as MyIE2 and Avant for example are called "IE shells." They are not separate stand alone browsers like Fireforx or Opera; the IE shell browsers need and use IE in order to work.

Think of MyIE2 like a different suit of clothes for IE, with some additional features, options and different looks. Look in MyIE2's settings, for example, and you will find the IE internet options. So whether you know it or not when you use MyIE2 you are indeed also using IE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.