Using latest trial 9.0--when I purchase--

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by teg1, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teg1

teg1 Registered Member

I'm in the trial of Acronis True Image 9.0 (latest)-- when I purchase, is it necessary to re-download, re-install, or can I just register once I receive email confirmation?

I guess what I'm asking is is there a serial number in the email to register with that will convert the trial version to a full registered version, or is a re-install necessary?

Thanks,

Tom

2. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi Teg1

The trial provides an opportunity to buy online: follow the instructions and purchase TI9. You will receive an email confirming purchase with the serial number. After downloading TI9, go back to the Acronis Site and register your product.

3. teg1

teg1 Registered Member

HI, Marse.Robert--

Quote-- "After downloading TI9, go back to the Acronis Site and register your product."

So it must be re-downloaded? Re-installed?-or just register?

Looking for the simple way--

Thank you for your reply-

Tom

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello teg1,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that you will note be able to activate the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home with a serial number.

In order to be able to use the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home you should do the following:

- Register your serial number in "Product Registration" section.

After that you will be able to download the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home from the list of your registered products.

You can install the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home over the trial one.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. pahoo31

pahoo31 Registered Member

Was thinking about giving this a try, but if the trial isn't fully functional how will i ever know if it works properly, what is missing in the trial version? Also just from my reading is it necesary to use the acronis boot disc to restore an image, some answears make it sound that way.? tia pahoo31.

6. whocrazy

whocrazy Registered Member

I think there is one little thing missing in the trial version, but most people dont need to use it.
    If you have a fat32 drive and you copy the file trueimage.run on to it and rename it to truegui.exe or something similar, then run it and then attempt to use it to validate your backup archive, you'll get a message that says you cannot validate your backup archive because it is a trial version.
    This is a limitation only in the dos portion, during normal windows operation you can validate or verify your archive without a problem. in terms of trial vs. payed for version, this is the only minor annoyance I've encountered so far.

7. rafael

rafael Registered Member

Suggest to follow instruction from Acronis and create rescue/boot disk. Try using in windows as well as using the rescue/boot disc.

Will appreciate how latest build comes out. I have not yet updated my TI ( paid version ) as the latest build has just been released supposedly to be able to make back ups to DVD's.

Should you decide to buy TI9, you must always create a new rescue/boot disc whenever an update is released.

8. burnselk

burnselk Registered Member

This post is to the "Acronis Moderator".

Would you please address the question (which is on the board) about what is missing from the trial version?

This is very important to all of us who are using (or trying to) your True Image 9.0 trial version.

Thank you.

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello burnselk,

Acronis Support have stated many times what the limitations of the trial software is - see their latest reply <here>.

In summary, the Windows version is time limited to 15 days from installation and is fully functional other than it can't restore an image. However, the bootable rescue CD created via the trial version isn't time limited but doesn't allow you to create an image, although it will restore an image that's been previously created in Windows mode. So, by using Windows mode and the bootable rescue CD, you can test the full functionality of True Image for up to 15 days.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.