Using Himachi & Smart Security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by nate1749, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate1749

nate1749 Registered Member

I'm currently in trial with Smart Security and am planning on switching over our 4 machines from Norton360, but right now there's only one hangup... Himachi.

I was able to get it to work in Norton 360, but am having trouble with SmartSecurity. Basically I'm just not sure which options to check and what changes to make. Does anyone have any experience with SmartSecurity & Himachi?

Here's their help site, but I'm still stuck.
    http://logmeinwiki.com/wiki/Category:Firewall

I made a post on the Himachi board about a week ago, but haven't received any replies yet so I thought I would try here. Currently I'm just disabling the firewall to get the virtual LANs to work and then reenabling it when I'm done, but that situation isn't ideal.

https://forums.hamachi.cc/viewtopic.php?p=67783#67783

Nate

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you configure the ESET Personal Firewall to run in Interactive Mode, are you prompted to create rules for Hamachi?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. nate1749

nate1749 Registered Member

Yes this worked! Now my only question is do I always have to keep this in interactive mode? Meaning now that I've got the rules made to yes accept these connections, can I change it back to automatic now so it won't keep popping up everytime something new comes up.

Nate

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Once you have established new rules to allow the connection, you can switch back to Automatic Mode.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.