Using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) to harden IE 9

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wat0114, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Trust me... it will. Maybe it was just a trick that my mind played on me, but the other day I downloaded a few stuff (more than 2GB) and left it all on the hdd. I felt that system would take a bit longer to load... After removing it, I felt like it was just a little bit faster. Maybe it was my mind playing tricks. But, considering it's an old laptop... it's not in its top conditions... :argh:

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I think it is, but I think it would open path to the real system and not sandbox it. I never really installed any application requiring such, so I never researched about it.

I'll see if I can find more info on it.

-edit-

OK. What may have happened is that SQL Server installer wanted to start MSI/Windows Installer service. According to Tzuk, Sandboxie doesn't have the functionality to sandbox a service that it's not installed by the application itself inside the sandbox.

-http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11330&highlight=services

So, resuming, you can install a service in a sandbox. You cannot sandbox a service already installed in the real system.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.