Using diskeeper 2008 do you recommend excluding $ISR *.*

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by zoril, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoril

zoril Registered Member

Hi all:)

Currently I do exclude $ISR *.* but I wonder if it is really necessary to do so?

After using Diskeeper 2008 my hard drive is still fairly fragmented mainly due to the exclusion of ISR from defrags. Clearly if it is possible to just run defrags normally excluding nothing, I would definitely get a better fragmentation reading.

However if it means by doing so that I would mess up ISR, then I will definitely leave things as they are!

Any replies appreciated,

Howard (zoril)

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

HI Howard

I am running Ulitimate Defrag with no exclusions, and no problems. I don't think you need to exclude anything anymore.

Pete

3. zoril

zoril Registered Member

Many thanks Pete:)

That is indeed good news.

Howard:)

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The only caveat is don't let diskeeper do anything while you are doing copy/updates. That could cause issues.

Pete

5. zoril

zoril Registered Member

I'l remember that...Thanks :thumb:

6. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Hi, i have decided to give Ultimate defrag free a try on our desktop computer.

I have not excluded any files and have chosen the auto selection with default settings.

Now the defrag has begun, it appears to be moving a large portion of the $ISR to the inner part of the disk.

Is this normal or is it because i dont use every snapshots as frequently as my primary??

7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

OOps, just realised that in the settings if set to optimum then the most used 22% will be on the outer with the least used on the inner.:oops:

Any thoughts on these settings or would i be better changing the settings to fast and having all data on the outer disk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.