Using AX64 Time Machine together with Shadow Protect

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by beethoven, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I have read parts of the very long thread on AX64 and note that this was already touched upon. However, as this other thread has become extremely long and there have been been many updates already on AX64, I would like to clarify this separately.

I am using ShadowProtect for imaging and read about AX 64 with interest. I understand that both do imaging but AX64 also provides for snapshots. I used to rely on the original FDRSR and was very happy with the snapshot use. However since moving to Win7 I am only relying on SP. I know there are certain ways to still make use of FDRSR but it seemed too complicated for me to try.

Can I run SP and AX64 together, perhaps having images from both but primarily relying on snapshots from AX64? I know I could do my own testing but would prefer to rely on someone's expertise with both programs. If it's possible are there issues I should be aware of?

2. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

ShadowProtect and AX64 will not work together. They have incompatible drivers. I used ShadowProtect for many years, but have switched to AX64 and I have been very happy.

3. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

As a supplement to this I would like to say that I have been using Paragon Backup and Drive Cloner without issue with AX64 installed and there have been reports of Acronis working as well. In short, some imaging programs will work and (evidently as you indicate) some will not.

4. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

thanks guys - I might give AX64 a trial on another machine that does not run SP - don't think I want to give up on SP on my main rig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.