USING ATI 10 HOME WITH VISTA HOME PREMIUM

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PRC, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRC

PRC Registered Member

I have True Image 10 and I’m trying to do a clone of my c drive which is a 400GB Drive to my second hard drive which is d drive. My OS is Windows Vista Premium. I have used the wizard for cloning the hard drive then it restarts my computer and says that the clone has completed successfully .But when I check my second hard drive which is d drive it shows the drive has empty.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

This is the second message today with that problem - empty destination drive after cloning. I don't know why, but try cloning again with the bootable TI cd. Remember to disconnect or remove the original before trying to boot the clone for the first time.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PRC,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as DwnNdrty mentioned a possible workaround is to use Acronis True Image Bootable CD to perform the clone procedure. You can find the detailed instructions on how to create the Bootable CD in chapter 10. "Creating bootable media" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to create the Bootable CD. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

In order to investigate the issue you have experience with Clone Disk tool of Acronis True Image under Windows please do the following:

1) Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

2) Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described below:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application from "i386" folder (run the 64-bit version of Device tree from "x64" folder if you have Windows Vista 64-bit);

- Completely unfold (click on all plus signs) the \Driver\partmgr and \Driver\volmgr branches;

- Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot and send it to us.

3) Download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package.

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Having collected the above information please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.