Using Android For Banking? What are your views?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by an2tex, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

I started to use live CD for banking. I feel it is safe. But I always look for other options if there are possibilities.

The only drawback of Live CD is, I have to close all applications and browser tabs, stop all my work and reboot my computer. Such a disruption.

It is not convenient -

So - that came to my mind: Technology is cheap nowadays. Just purchasing a "tablet" for banking, and use it only for that purpose?

There is also "reset" button of Android that formats to default factory Android in a matter of seconds. Whenever we feel the need - may be after all the use.

What do you think about this? Are there any drawbacks of using Android tablet this way?

We can even connect via ethernet if we use the necessary accessory.

I have another laptop for live CD, I can use that - but a lot of space on my desk for 2 laptops.

Any comments on using android just for Banking?

2. Banking & Android? Don't do it, they don't mix well. Android in it's current state is rather unsafe and needs to be improved dramatically in the security area. So I wouldn't do online banking on a Android tablet or phone. It's just too unsafe.

Just use the LiveCD for banking, it's doing it's job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.