Using Acronis True Image Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by klibby897, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klibby897

klibby897 Registered Member

I need to upgrade my system running Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate in order to be able to run ABR Advanced Workstation v10. Unfortunately, you can't simply upgrade the OS, you have to do a full reload.

Is there a methodology I can use to fully and completely backup my current system to an external network drive using Acronis True Image Home 2009, then reload the system with Vista Ultimate, then install ABR Advanced Workstation and restore from the network drive ?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

ABR10 won't read TI2009 image files.

I was about to type how you could this when an obvious flaw in your plan popped up. :)

If you image your HomePremium system, then install Ultimate, restoring your image will give you back Home Premium, or have I misunderstood soemthing here?

3. klibby897

klibby897 Registered Member

Correct - that's the problem. So If I do a clean installation of Vista Ultimate, what backup methodology should I use with TIH2009 before I scrub the drives to restore data after installing Vista Ultimate ?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello klibby897,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

You will be able to restore only data to newly installed Vista Ultimate, you will need to use My Data backup within Acronis True Image Home 2009. You can’t transfer applications to new operating system using Acronis True Image programs.

Via My Application Settings you can only back up settings, and not the application executable files.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.