Using a VPN and sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by mick92z, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Hi, i know absolutely nothing about VPN's.
    If I connect using a vpn, will it still open my firefox sandboxed. Which is what i want. I am thinking of using boxvpn. Many thanks in advance

2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

3. mick92z

Thekid7, thanks for your reply. However i am still not understanding. You, I assume were talking about running an exe file ( installer ) sandboxed ! Yes ?
    This is not what i meant.
    Boxvpn, as far as i know requires no download. Just manual settings to your network connection https://www.boxpn.com/setupwin7.aspx
    I just want to know, if i sign up and pay for a vpn, when I connect to the internet, will my forced firefox open sandboxed.
    Cheers
    Obviously, I don't want to pay for something , if there are going to be problems :)

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

A VPN, existant or otherwise, has no effect on whether or not a application is sandboxed. A VPN is simply an encrypted connection, nothing more. Applications will be forced to be sandoxed if they have been set up to do so. If not they won't. The VPN, in this case, is irrelevant.

5. mick92z

Great, many thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.