Using a storage device for backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by emmjay, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I am new to this and I have an old laptop (10yr old).

I have been backing up my XP/Pro system to a HP/PMD HD (via USB 1). I do a total system backup using Win Backup and Restore. I created an ASR floppy (yes I have one of those!!!:oops: ) as per the Win instructions. I have never had to restore my entire system, so I have no idea if this would have ever worked.

I installed Paragon Drive Backup 10 Pro on my XP/Pro system just yesterday. I chose to copy the entire C:\ to the PMD. Paragon created an E:\ drive letter and the entire disk was copied. It wiped out my previous backups (this was clear in the instructions). I also created a boot CD. I want to keep this copy as is. It is a preload, so I do not have an XP disc.

I have lots more space on the PMD, so I used Paragon to create a partition, 40GB away from the newly created backup. It is F:\. Can I put anything I want in this partition? Will I run into a restore issue if I do this?

NB: The PMD is a storage device only. I can not boot from it.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, it is a regular partition - you can put anything you like on there.

Hope it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.