Username/Password ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Ryan Hayward, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Hayward

Ryan Hayward Guest

Is the username/password supposed to be sent automatically after signing up ?

If so, I am still yet to recieve it after around 2 days.
    My isp's pop may have been playing up at the time.

If the username/password is sent manually, will I recieve it soon or are the staff at NOD32 on holidays for awhile ?

I just wish to know what is going on as there was no information after signing up and your faqs kinda suggests that the username/password is created instantly...... o_O

2. Phil

Phil Registered Member

I received mine almost instantly but that could depend on where you are and who is doing the processing. The USA site states you will get the confirming email in less than one hour. Mine was on my mail server as soon as I opened my email client after registering.

Phil

3. thunderhurst

thunderhurst Registered Member

If you recieved it instantly then it is scripted so I too should had recieved mine.
    Waiting on email from support but do not know if they are on holidays :)
    Phone support for Australia is nonexistant, judging from the busy signals....
    I hope I can email sales with no dramas....

4. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Australia, huh. Check the mods of this forum for "Rodzilla" and see if he put an email addy in his profile. I think he *is* your NOD distributor. Shoot him an e and tell him I said to get off his butt and get your registration to you. :D :D

If no addy is there, send an IM or email to the forum administrator. He can contact them for you. Hope this helps you get it sorted.

Phil

5. thunderhurst

Thanks Phil !

I'll give them until next Wednesday to respond as I should be patient, given the time of year.

I'm sure they'll come good in the end !

The Australian distribution may not be scripted to auto send username/passwords then ?
    If so then I guess I have little to worry about.
    I just assumed by the faqs and your reply that it was Nod32 that issued them.

6. thunderhurst

I just called them again and got through this time.
    Support were good and said that the username/password is not autoscripted out and that they do it manually.
    Said it should be processed today.

Thanks for your time, Phil.
    I appreciate your it !

7. Phil

Phil Registered Member

That's good news -- glad you got through. They are very responsive once you get your hands on them, though that can be problematic at times. IMO, you made a good decision choosing NOD.

You're welcome.

Phil

8. thunderhurst

Nod32 is certainly better than the bloated resource-hungry ***** out there like McAfee and Norton.
    Those two are typical *****, they try to sell you all their other products when you are on their websites at inflated prices. Have you noticed how their distributors usually sell their stock at up to 40 percent off their own marked price ?
    If you ask me, they are all marketing over end -product.
    People assume they are actually getting their money's worth for a fine product as they ***** all the reviewers to give them high scores.

A friend of mine has Nod32 so I am familar with its interface and know how light it is on system resources.
    Should compliment my sygate firewall which too is light on memory leeching :)

some bashing removed - we are not in the habit of other software bashing. Praising NOD32 will do ;) - Forum Admin

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hey Ryan, orders are processed manually in Australia, and you should find support is pretty good, not that you should ever need it... :D

You have made a great choice :D

Cheers.

10. thunderhurst

Just downloaded then after receiving username/password.
    Installation went well and was amazed at how small the filesize was and at how quickly she scanned.
    Great to see virus definitions were quick to download too. Norton was a bitch to deal with !

Recieved this error message but is probably standard for windows XP.

C:\pagefile.sys - error opening [4]

[4] Could not read the file. The file is used by another application (or the operating system) with exclusive rights.

:)

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The error number 4 is related to WinNT/2000/XP systems and the system files they use (usually only pagefile.sys andf hibernate.sys, however the number will raise if you choose all files for scanning).

Probably the option to ommit system files from scanning will be added
    to one of the future updates of NOD32.

12. Blackspear

Found it is no longer showing the above error message in Nod32 V2 :D

Cheers.

13. thunderhurst

I see.
    Can the particular system file get infected ?

14. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Thunderhurst,

No, it can't ;).

regards.

paul

15. Blackspear

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prdg_dsm_pmpr.asp

Files Skipped by Default
    Files that Backup skips by default include temporary files, such as Pagefile.sys, Hiberfil.sys, Win386.swp, 386spart.par, Backup.log, and Restore.log. These files are neither backed up nor restored by Backup.

Backup also skips files on remote computers that are on a network share if the files are in use at the time of the backup.

Cheers :D

- Fixed URL (LowWaterMark)

16. controler

controler Guest

Manual update: o_O

Username-password stopped working.
    wrote to eset , requesting a new password.
    eset wrote back saying gee if the old one works use it.
    I uninstalled NOD, reinstalled, creating a new username-password on install, rebooted and tried the manual update again. Their server won't allow me the update, saying WRAONG username-password.
    I am guessing others are having this same problem using Windows XP

17. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Thought it was just me.

Went back to the 'old' NOD32 after un-installing the beta and now it's not taking my username/password, either (stays in the "Trial" mode). Pete

18. Paul Wilders

controler,

Feel free to forward both your email and Eset's response to me: webmaster@wilders.org

Pete,

If you feel like it, drop me an email as well, describing in short the prob and coming with your license info.

Let's see if we can solve this one quickly - although it might take some days since it's weekend ;).

regards.

paul

19. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Seems installing the beta causes a little goof in the user/pass GUI. What you have to do, even though it is already there, is delete what IS there and re-enter the same user/pass or copy/paste from another app. I use my password utility but any text editor will work to keep from having to type it every time.

HTH
    Phil

20. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Humm -- that *is* interesting. I haven't tried to revert to the release version yet. See if the info I provided Controller above will register the app. If not, ESET needs to get this fixed - NOW. :eek:

Phil

21. Paul Wilders

Hi Phil,

"Now" is at once - can't be done ;). Let's take the obvious route: sending me an email.

regards.

paul

22. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Email sent, Paul.

Thanks. Pete

23. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Nah -- "now" is a relative term. Could mean "this minute" -- could mean "before summer". :D

What I *should* have said was - as soon as they can. Better? :)

Phil

24. Paul Wilders

I like it :D

regards.

paul

25. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Well, mine's fixed.

Somehow or another, I did manage to d/l the trial version instead of the corporate version (might have had something to do with Opera not presenting me with the "Username/Password" prompt when I first attempted the d/l - used IE this time and all went well).

Thanks to all here and Anton from Eset! Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.