Username & Password Renewal (Issues)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SyphonX, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SyphonX

SyphonX Registered Member

(*Fixed*; It took several hours before it would accept the Username/Password that was given. It just now allowed me to enter it, and update. After the update and a PC reboot, the ESET Panel no longer reads "License Expired". Hopefully it's permanent.)

Hello all,

I've had ESET for a year now, and have just recently had to renew. I chose a 2-year renewal and was told my username would stay the same and that they would e-mail me the username and password.

Well, problem is that no matter what I do, it will not accept my Username & Password. (Believe me, it's entered correctly..) It simply says, "Virus Signature Databse could not be Updated; Invalid Username and/or Password."

Now, it says something about waiting 12 hours to be able to update/download, etc.. but, does that mean I can't "Log-in" for 12 hours.. do I understand this correctly? If so, that's fine, albeit rather strange. If this is not normal then I guess I will call support tomorrow morning.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you renew on the expiry day of your license, you should get a new username and password which becomes valid immediately. If you renew in advance, your username and password can be retained. This is because it takes 12-24 hours for license details to get updated at all necessary locations. Perhaps the distributor/reseller extended your current license instead of issuing a new one so I'd suggest that you contact them or I can provide you a temporary license that would work for next few days.

3. SyphonX

I purchased the renewal through ESET, and my previous license was through ESET as well. I purchased it today, but the previous license 'expired' December 26.

When I 'renewed' through the ESET panel, it brought me to a page to buy the 2-year renewal at a discount. It said it was going to retain the same username and would e-mail me my password. It still won't allow me to log-in.

4. SyphonX

It's a 2-user, 2-year renewal.. if that matters. My previous was a 2-user 1-year. Both digital and directly from ESET as stated above.

5. User_1900

User_1900 Registered Member

Similar situation here.

Intended to upgrade from AV v2.7 to AV v4.0
    With about 2 weeks left in current 1 year license, decided to renew license
    Renewed online
    In less than 10 minutes, received email indicating 2012 as end date for license
    ---->Username and password were EXACTLY THE SAME
    Uninstalled AV v2.7
    Using the SAME username and password, downloaded AV v4.0 and installed it
    Restarted and the color changed from green to orange
    ---->Message comes up saying that "You have # days left, renew or (if already renewed) enter your username and password

The username and password have already been CORRECTLY entered but that message won't go away.

It has now been 4 hours yet this message is still coming up.

Will wait # days(# is less than 14), then uninstall AV v2.7 and call representative complaining about this

Disappointing, really....very disappointing! This is NOT a seamless transition.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please read my previous response. If a license has been adjusted instead of generating a new one, it takes up to 24 hours for the information to propagate to all servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.