Username/password rejected? - any ideas please

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ljblee, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljblee

ljblee Registered Member

I have two different NOD32 licences ( a 5 user and a 2 user for a total of 7 users).

I recently installed NOD on a new computer (6th in total). All went well for a while (couple of weeks)l then suddenly auto update failed because it reported an incorrect username/password. I changed the username/password to my other licence and it started working OK. Worked OK for a couple of weeks then failed again - bad username/password. I changed it back to my original licence username/password and it started working again.

It's almost as though it will work for so long then the updates get blocked.

Anyone seen anything like this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Yeah email Eset support. You have email confirmations of your licenses & or records of your purchases? Ta dah! Where's my prize?

3. ljblee

ljblee Registered Member

I actually emailed Eset support earlier today.

The only suggestion they have made so far is that Spyware might be causing a problem. I seriously doubt this.

Anyone else offer any help/advice please.

Thanks

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Then again: better make sure. You are welcome to help on this amongst others on this antispyware forum/

regards.

paul

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Well good luck then.

6. ljblee

ljblee Registered Member

Has anyone else had a problem whereby a username/password which worked OK for a couple of weeks suddenly stopped working?

7. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I have heard such. But not from anyone who had a legit un/pw & did not exceed their licensed useage.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Never here. o_O

9. ljblee

ljblee Registered Member

That's what is going through my mind. I just wonder if somehow their system thinks that we are using more copies than we have licences for. - in fact we are using one less than we have licences for.

I have put that to their support people but no comment so far

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Maybe this. Just throwing it out there. Your OP was not too clear. And I don't know if Eset works this way or not. But here goes. Orginally 5 computers using a 5 user license. If you took a/the un/pw from that license & applied it to a 6th computer. Maybe Eset detected it (6th computer) has a different hardware config & or ID than the original 5. I'm supposing this in the order you proceeded. And that f'd your 5 user license. Then if you reapplied your 2 user license to the 6th computer. The 6th computer by ID & or hardware config is already pegged as using a misappropriated license & that f'd your 2 user license. Ta Dah! Now where's my prizeo_O

11. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I've had a similair problem before where I kept having to enter my username and password because NOD either lost them or they got erased. (see: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=117416) I no longer have this issue and I don't think it was related to spyware. As you can see if you read that thread, there are certain keys which contain your username and password that can get deleted/erased, as mine did. I uninstalled NOD and did a fresh install. I also added HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Modules\Update\Settings\Config000\Settings to my registry cleaner's list of exclusions. Also, I set up an auditng policy for that key to determine what was going on. Hope that helps.

12. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Darn n8chavez, that sounds right. But I still like my convoluted answer better.:D

13. n8chavez

Ta Dah! Now where's my prize?

14. ljblee

ljblee Registered Member

Now you see that is what I thought - the first time it happened. But then after another couple of weeks it happened again. It seems as long as I swap between licence numbers every couple of weeks all is well.

I'm putting my money on Eset blocking the login because it thinks too many computers are using the licences - they aren't

Now all I have to try to do is to get someone at Eset to address this - not much joy so far.

15. ljblee

ljblee Registered Member

I don't think your case is the same as mine for one reason. NOD isn't losing the log-in info. It is always there in the set-up. It's just that after a fortnight (or so) it decides not to allow that username/password to log-in.

16. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

OK then. I'm back in front.:cool:

17. n8chavez

Nope. You're not.

If you could post you event log, or part of it, that would help. But from what you were saying it sound like the tow problems are a bit different, but do post the log.

18. n8chavez

ljblee-

I kept hacing this happen to me a bunch of times. It wasn't just that I reentered the data and everything was fine. Do you use any registry cleaners? Maybe it would be a good idea to set up that audit just in case.

19. ljblee

ljblee Registered Member

It's a brand new computer. No registry cleaner or anything similar.

It's not that it loses the log-in info. It is still there. If I re-enter the info it still won't log-in - it only works if I swap to the alternative username/password. Which again makes me think somehow its getting blocked after so long.

But who knows?

20. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Try the following:

Please download a FRESH copy of Nod32 from www.nod32.com

Uninstall your current version.

REBOOT your Computer.

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above using “Typical Settings”.

Your User Name and Password are CASE SENSITIVE, and as such they must be typed in precisely, better still COPY and PASTE each into:
    Control Centre> Update> update> Setup

Do NOT copy and paste then into the popup window, as they will not be retained.

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.