User with problems regkeys/infections back after reboot

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jooske, Aug 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

At DSLR forum i just discovered this thread, wrestling through it as i see in the first few messages i like to react ... :(
    See you back later if i get through that!

I just would like to tell the user to close his/her system restore and clean and make a new restore point if (s)he uses XP or ME and that TDS is very well capable for the job of cleansing as he/she noticed already.
    No need for many postings, one and a thank you would have been sufficient. :D

Can we agree if anybody ever sees a DCS related subject overthere to alert us here to jump in? Spares the user lots of suffering i hope!
    Thanks a lot!

Added URL tags by special request ;)

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Jooske can you please correct the url tags?
    Dolf

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

It was done the moment i changed it too <Tee-Hee>
    and i was posting my reply over at DSLR too in the meantime.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

The screenshot he/she/it put up shows a trial version that's in serious need of a DB update.

Since it's an evaluation version, exe protection isn't running.

From the info being provided (or the lack of it - they didn't even mention their OS), it's no wonder there was a problem.

TDS and NAV managed to fix it anyway, so it's a non-issue, I guess.

Pete

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I looked in her/his profile where as first system XP Pro was mentioned, and a second pc without mentioning the OS. So i guess it's on the XP and so i answered.
    But with the infections there were and the reg keys to delete from the other posting, i would recommend a very deep scan and another online scan after that.
    And the further determination i recommended with the autostartviewer - hijackthis - Port Explorer.
    My impression is (with looking at the other postings too) there will be a lot to clean out unfortunately but i do hope most is solved!
    For me the TDS database looked uptodate in the LWMs image? The other i didn't bother to look at for it's size.
    date 8-8-2003, [27244 references - 9116 primaries/7605 traces/10523 variants/other].
    Should have recommended to register TDS for that exec protection, thanks for reminding on that!

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I was referring to the very first post with the attachment by Arianna. Pete

*And, you're quite welcome.

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hmm, I generated the reduced size image just by taking a screen shot of the one in the first post so it should be identical, just smaller. :doubt:

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I finally looked at the original too, went to the bathroom, made some tea, running around a nearby parc and drank the now cooler tea while that long image was loading and i see the same, but i must admit i THOUGHT it sayd 8-5-2003 too or at best 8-6-2003 but the references are of 8-8-2003 so it must be actual.
    Just waiting till there comes a reply on all that work, which should conclude in a brandclean system in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.