User Privacy Plunges as Android Aggressive Aware and Malware Rise

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by TheKid7, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

User Privacy Plunges as Android Aggressive Aware and Malware Rise:
    http://www.hotforsecurity.com/blog/...d-aggressive-aware-and-malware-rise-5878.html

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I have to admit that so many of the hot apps and games in the Google Play Store have access to way, way too much data on the device. It's just one of the prices you pay to use these devices. Android is a rough ecosystem to live in because of the invasion of malware alone.

3. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I'm hoping to get into app development as a hobby alongside learning to program in C++. The way I see it, I'm better offer writing my own applications to handle my needs rather than put up with third party data mining. Then again, copy write infringement really isn't a problem for non-service based apps since I will be the only one using them. So gutting out the extra garbage hopefully won't be a headache.

4. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Such investments should serve you well :thumb:

5. tlu

tlu Guest

The most comprehensive way to control them is a rooted device with a custom ROM patched with Autopatcher in order to install PDroid 2.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.