User name/Password problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pollux, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pollux

pollux Registered Member

Well, we finally purchased NOD32 this morning.

I uninstalled the Beta trial (reboot + registry clean), then installed the commercial version downloaded from Eset's website with the username (begins with AV-) and password provided in the email from Eset (+ reboot).

However, I am not yet able to update the definitions. All servers report that the user name and or the password are incorrect. I've tried typing them in during the update process as well as entering them in the updates setup screen.

Is there generally a delay for new passwords and user names to be recognized by the update servers? Why would the information work for downloading the program but not for updates?

Thanks,
    pollux

2. pollux

pollux Registered Member

Nevermind.

I was typing an "l" where I needed to be typing "1."

All updated now :)

pollux

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Heh. I have a 0 and an O in mine....talk about making mistakes easily. :D Of course, this is why it is recommended that you copy/paste from the email you got after purchasing. I don't have the email on my machine anymore (just a print out) so I have to be really careful!

4. pollux

pollux Registered Member

As it happens, copy/paste only works for the user name, not the password; my mistake was with the latter.

I'm just glad I happened to look at the email in another program that is using a different font, although I wish I would have thought of that before posting... :rolleyes:

pollux

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well that must be something new if password copy and paste doesn't work! It always worked when I still had the email. And my 0 and O are in the password so I used to copy/paste.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

After copying your Password, go to the Nod32 Control Centre> Update> update> Setup click in the password box and then hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then press "Insert" key on your keyboard, this will paste in your password...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.