User name or password for the remote resource

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by notta, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notta

notta Registered Member

Hi, I'm evaluating Acronis True Image for a project we have coming up here in the near future. I cannot seem to authenticate with the backup server. I know I'm entering my credentials correctly, but I'm receiving a "user name or password for the remote resource bsp://machine.domain.com/\backupserver\BackupServer is incorrect"

The problem only occurs when trying to use the backup to server option. When I use the connect remote computer option I can connect to the machine without issue, but if I select the backup tool and choose the machine in question as the machine to back the image up to I receive the error.

Why can I authenticate with one tool and not the other?

For the sake of being thorough:

Machine 1 - Backup server running TI backup server component(Windows XP)
    logged in with local account, but member of an active directory domain

Machine 2 - Client running TI agent ( Windows NT 4)
    logged in with local account, member of workgroup

Machine 3 - Client running Acronis True Image Console ( Windows XP)
    logged in wiht local account, member of workgroup

When I connect to machine 2 with from the console on machine 3 I can connect without issue. I pick the drive I want to backup on machine 2, choose machine 1 as the backup server, enter my credentials and when it goes to create the image I receive the error. I have tried using local admin account credentials from the backup server as well, but same problem.

Does it have something to do with active directory? If so why can I connect when choosing to connect to new machine? Why does it only fail when using the backup tool?

I tried to be clear as possible, but if you need any more info than let me know.

Thanks.

2. flohh

flohh Registered Member

Hi Notta
    I had a similar problem. Please check if you have mapped the network drive from machine 1 on the 2nd machine. If so disconnect the drive an remap it but with an other user than the user you use in the console on the 3rd machine. I think the acronis schedule agent on machine 2 has a problem when trying to access machine 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.