User Guide out of date?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by e2bvisitor, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e2bvisitor

e2bvisitor Registered Member

Today I bought, downloaded and installed True Image Home v9 build 3,567

I see that both "Help" in the program, and also the User Guide (TrueImage9.0_ug.en.pdf) refer to a tool named "Manage System Restore".

This tool does not appear to exist on my version of True Image program. Has the program changed without an update to the help system, or am I not looking in the right place?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello e2bvisitor,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that System Restore "tool" mentioned in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide and Help files is not an Acronis True Image, but Windows feature. You can find more information on what Windows System Restore is and how to use this feature in the respective Microsoft Knowledge Base Article. The reason why Windows System Restore is mentioned in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide and Help files is that the current Acronis True Image version allows managing Windows System Restore, namely, turn it on or off. You can find more information on how to manage System Restore in section 10.3 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

e2bvisitor,

As Alexey said, System Restore is a Windows feature, but Manage System Restore is a TI 3567 Home tool.

It's on the very bottom of the main TI screen. If you don't see it, go to View>Toolbars >Tools. Select Tools.

4. e2bvisitor

e2bvisitor Registered Member

Thanks, I should have maximised the TI window - the on-screen tools were hidden!

However, it seems strange that the "Tools" menu in TI does not contain all the tools that are shown on the screen (i.e. the Manage System Restore tool).

This would seem to be a simple cosmetic improvement for the next build.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

6. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

I agree - didn't notice that before.

It's one of those easy to avoid glitches that hinder new users from building up the confidence, essential for working with software like TI.

Another one is using old wizard names in the newest User's Guide. The user is instructed to start the Restore Wizard, but he won't find it on the main screen, since it has been renamed (a few builds ago) to Recovery.

I like TI. That's why it makes me sad when I see it loosing hard-earned points on sheer trivialities.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  7. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

It is more than strange, it is incorrect UI design. The menu should always contain the complete set of operations available.

I suspect it was an oversight on the part of whoever added the icon to the main window, in not adding it to the tools menu as well.

This is only a detail, but as has been said, one's impression of the product comes from a collection of such details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.