User accounts and firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by lucisimo, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucisimo

lucisimo Registered Member

Hallo!

I'm using "Eset Smart Security 4.2.71.3" at work. There are two PCs (Windows 7 Home 64 bit) where I have an Administrator Account and I created a Standard Account for other people.
    I set ESET Smart Security to block removable devices and to allow settings modifications just to the Administrator.

The problem is that I would like the Standard users to be able to create firewall rules. In fact actually they have to repeatedly click on "Allow" or "Deny" in the firewall windows that appear every time a new software try to connect and I have to login in my Administrator account to set the rule.

Is it possible to allow the standard users to set firewall rules, but not the other options?

Thank you!

(Sorry for my English... I hope I could clearly explain my problem...)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Not without giving write permissions to standard users. In that case, there would be no sense for using stardard accounts if users were able to modify crucial data.
    Instead, I'd suggest setting the firewall to learning mode or leaving it in automatic mode. Should there be any problems, just log in as an admin and do the necessary adjustments.

3. lucisimo

lucisimo Registered Member

OK, thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.