Usenet Provider and Access

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SirRollsAlot, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirRollsAlot

SirRollsAlot Registered Member

Can anyone recommend a Usenet provider (e.g. Giganews)? I didn't know if any of them had better track records. SSL access would be a great plus, also. Thanks.

2. SirRollsAlot

SirRollsAlot Registered Member

While I appreciate your feedback, I am somewhat troubled on your referral links to various usenet providers in the links that you posted.
    - Note by LowWaterMark: there was a post made above this one that had a questionable, possibly spammed link in it. That post and replies about it have been removed from this thread. SirRollsAlot's questions remain...

Does anyone else have any feedback on usenet? I am mostly looking for newsgroups that are not censored (hopefully), and I will primarily be reading/researching for a while. Of particular interest are groups pertaining to encryption, privacy, and anonymity, and any technologies/software that can complement those subjects.

I haven't determined if the manner in which I access those groups needs to go beyond using TOR and a web-based group listing (i.e. using a vpn, or at least ssl). I guess speed will be required as I will be doing a lot of searching. Feedback/guidance is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.