Use with Norton package already installed

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Dave P., Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P.

Dave P. Guest

I have the Norton package, Spybot S & D, and Spywareblaster installed. I noticed that when I went into Norton Cleansweep and checked for cookies there, it showed quite a few undesirable spyware jobbies that Norton would not let me delete unless I turned off "Safety Sweep". (I presume you`re familiar with this) Does this mean, I cry, that Blaster won`t protect against certain spy cookies because Norton won`t let it, or now I have got rid of them, can I use Safetysweep again and be protected. I have, for your information, sent a similar question to the Spybot developer.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Dave,

SpywareBlaster will not protect you against cookies, but I´m curious to know if Spybot S&D does not find these cookies. It should at least find them. Wether it is able to actually remove them is another question and I can´t answer that one.

Regards,

Pieter

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I am not familiar with Safetysweep, but I can answer your main question:

SpywareBlaster does not currently protect against spyware/trackware cookies (it prevents against ActiveX based spyware programs).

That's not to say, of course, that such functionality will not be included soon. ;)

EDIT: Pieter beat me to it.

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. Dave P.

Dave P. Guest

Thanks for that. I realise now that I am obviously confusing two different different types of spyware items, (programmes and tracking cookies) I`m only a "one year" PC virgin, and there`s still an awfull lot to learn :) !Incidently, Spybot does seem to find and remove OK, but it needs running on a regular basis after surfing. It would be nice if someone (perhaps you!) cooked up an automatic version, as in Blaster, for eliminating undesirable tracking cookies. Keep up the good work.

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Dave,

From javacool´s answer you might conclude that the feature is being worked on. ;)

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.