Use under Linux (Xandros)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by D Killeen, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D Killeen

D Killeen Registered Member

I have a older computer that I'm using to experiment with Linux. Ok, I searched first and found that:

1. The only Acronis product that will install into Linux is the big server package. At $699, :eek: I'll pass on that.

2. I can install into a small Windows install. I don't have a Windows partition on this machine.

What would happen if I booted the Linux machine with the TI Boot CD, and imaged from the CD? The boot CD is Linux, and the TI8 product page says that it supports Linux file systems.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/requirements.html

Even though one the the selling points is that it will image while booted into the OS it's imaging, I could live with running from a CD while creating the image.

Thanks

David

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

As long as the drives are recognized, it should work fine. Of course, the only full test is to make an image and restore it, but there's no reason that it shouldn't work.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello D Killeen,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, you can use Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD to backup your Linux based PC.

Acronis True Image 8.0 supports Linux Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, and Linux SWAP file systems.

I recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 to see how the software works on your computer.

Please install the free trial version on any Windows based PC, create special Bootable Rescue CD, boot your Linux based PC from this CD and see how the software recognizes your hardware.

Please note that the trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 does not allow you to create an images when booted from special Bootable Rescue CD.

However, if all of your hard drives are recognized properly then there should not be any problems creating an image using the full version of this software.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also be aware that you should uninstall Acronis True Image 8.0 from that Windows based PC right after you will create Bootable Rescue CD, since according to the Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 8.0 in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.