Use of recovery CD, TI7 #611

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by me75006, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me75006

me75006 Registered Member

Problem occurs if I boot using Recovery CD, and choose the menu option for creating an Image. CD's are created, one after the other until the last one is almost done, then error message is reported.
    "Failed to write data to the Image archive file. A Possible reason might be poor media quality"
    If I run TI from within Windows, all cd's get created without problem.
    I've tried doing image creation from the boot cd on 2 different pc's, and the last disc bombs. Nice collection of coasters, :D
    What I was trying to do was create image cd's using Recovery/restore boot cd, without installing TI on the pc. That is why there is a menu choice for doing that on the bootable cd.....yes/no ?

Am I trying to do something that has a menu choice, but is not reliable ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

This problem needs some investigation, that would be hard to proceed with via forum. Please contact Acronis Support Team at support@acronis.com. After the problem will be solved we will post the solution here in case anyone will get a similar one.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I would think that is because acronis is trying to write back to the non writable restore cd rather than to the hd or the writeable cd

I saw the same problems with trying the same approach with one of the versions of ghost as well

4. KrazyEd

KrazyEd Registered Member

Same exact problem as ME75006.
    I tried it using the TI CD from the retail box and with the Recovery CD I made after updating to built 611. Even used 3 different brands of media - all coasters.

For the record, with the same system, I can boot with a Ghost 2002 floppy and burn error free images to CD's all day long. I conclude that, in my case at least, the TI7 #611 problem is not hardware or blank media related.

5. mecalvint

mecalvint Registered Member

Same problem here.

Use TI with boot CD and cannot make split CDs.

TI, response ?

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Gents,

Please follow Acronis Support's advice as posted above ;).

regards.

paul

7. me75006

follow up from emails to Acronis:
    - I supplied technical information describing the two computers involved, at request of Acronis. Their last reply was:
    Thank you for the information you provided.
    Unfortunately, the problem cannot be resolved with no direct access to the environment under consideration. We will try to deploy the same configuration and reproduce the problem as soon as possible in order to fix it immediately. We are sorry for the current inconvenience.

I remain optimistic, that with the input of other users who may have experienced this problem, that Acronis may resolve it.
    me75006

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi,

I have had the same problem, this as only happen with Ti7, It never happen with Ti6.

I tried to have Ti write a Image to five diffence media, with the same error as me75006
    I checked the Disks all were full with 702mg used.

I then had Ti7 write the Image to the a HDD and Verify it and the Image was only 564mg.

Burned It to Disk media and Ti Verify it and it was correct.

Strange.
    TheQuest :cool:

9. Acronis Support

Hello --

Well, this can be aconfilct with the burning software - I mean when Acronis True Image tries to write to the disk on-the-fly.

You can follow the way posted above i.e. first burn it to HDD and then store on CDs. It's a faster and more reliable way.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA

10. me75006

:D
    Problem resolved thru Acronis Support. This morning I received a url from Support, which provided an upgrade for TI 7.0, v611 => v612.
    I then rebooted, created a new RescueCD, & rebooted using the RescueCD.
    Proceeded with creating image cd-r's, without any problems. All cd-r's were then Verified ok. I have email'ed support & reported this.
    Not sure if/when this newer version will be available to the public, therfore if you are a paid customer, and have an interest in this particular issue, I suggest you work directly with Acronis Support.
    To all at Acronis, I wish to express my appreciation to you for your resolution on this issue.

11. KrazyEd

I also got an email :D , but no URL o_O , from Acronis support.

Quote:

It seems that we have revealed and fixed the problem. The fix will be available in the next build. Please keep an eye on our updates page.

Endquote.

12. Acronis Support

Hello KrazyEd --

Well, it's up to supporter if he/she decides to give out the build that is not officially published. You can write Acronis Support again asking for the build, or you can wait till it gets approved and is oficially published on the web-site.

Thank you.

--
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com

Acronis Support Department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... Compute With Confidence

13. KrazyEd

Howdy Anton,

It's nice to deal with a company actually visits & participates in a support forum! Seems to be pretty rare these days...

Thanks for the update on obtaining updates. I can wait 'till build 612 is officially available.

Have a great day and thanks again for being here.

Regards,

Ed

14. Acronis Support

Hello Ed --

No problem :)

That's my job after all :)

Thanks for your kind words :p

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.