usb thumbdrive questions

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by MonkAttack, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonkAttack

MonkAttack Registered Member

Im wondering somthing...

1. How can i protect my usb from malware when putting it into friends,family computers??.

2. Also how can i protect my infermation like emails,passwords etc on the drive...

3.how can i be sure to leave no tracks on that person computer...

4.Also how can i protect my internet information websites i visit and stuff under chrome,firefox on my usb thumb drive when using there internet.I mean like internet data

PS im using portable apps software..
    also the usb thumb drive is a sandisk cruze thumb drive.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
  2. box750

box750 Registered Member

What you ask for is not possible, the computer is not yours and the administrator of that computer can do pretty much anything he likes, if they have a keylogger/malware installed then bad luck.

You can only aspire to minimize the risks but you will never be 100% safe, it is not your computer.

I would consider Ironkey if you can afford it. Alternatively look at what kind of software Ironkey has installed and search for free portable software that will do the same thing then install it on your USB, that exists but needs some research to find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.