USB Password Program?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Brandonn2010, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Is there any good free program or thing that would let me require a password to open my USB flash drive?

2. guest

guest Guest

3. SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR Registered Member

to my info, some brands have their own software to protect your flash memory with password so no one can open it but you
    other programs you can try "USB Flash Security" by japanese company and has free version
    protecting your flash depend on the way you want to protect with if you know what i mean

4. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I hope enough people start requesting this that flash drive manufacturers will include it as a matter of course. It makes so much sense.

5. Enigm

Enigm Registered Member

They do .. Well, the manufacturers of the controller-chips do .
    The OEM's however usually can't be bothered to write the required log-in software . Virtually all USB-flash-drive controllers are multi-LUN capable (they can be multiple DEVICES (including a CD-ROM !) in-one, not just 'partitions') and allow for at least one of the LUN's to be password-protected .
    Some of the controller-chip manufacturers have a 'generic' tool available .
    the trick is to correctly identify the controller-chip used in your flash-drive .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.