USB mouse with restore CD problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by APBIDDLE, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APBIDDLE

APBIDDLE Registered Member

I have a new HP Pavilion d4650, which comes with a USB wireless mouse and keyboard. In trying both versions 9.1 and 10.0 of True Image Home, I find that the mouse works correctly when I boot from the recovery CD to the point where I get the menu for selecting whether I want the safe or full version. Motion is normal, and at least the left button works.

However, after I make the selection, full, and the the actual software loads, the mouse is essentially inoperative. Vertical movement on the screen is controlled by left/right motion of the mouse, and there is no control at all of left/right movement on the screen. Also, the buttons and wheel are inop. No response from the keyboard, either.

So, is there a fix for this? It does work with my old wired PS2 mouse and keyboard, so I do have a workaround in case I really need to do a disaster recovery. It is just inconvenient.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Try this:

when you boot, when the Acronis Loading.... statement appears press F11 on your keyboard - you will see the word "quiet..". On the same line as Quiet, type in usbmouse=off.

3. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

As you said keyboard is not working. But try hitting F11 after you see the "safe, full and windows option. If it opens the window ( with quiet) then try hitting the "tab" key, if "quiet" highlights then hit the "right arrow" key to get off the highlighted "quiet" ( don't want to erase "quiet") and then the space bar and write in as shieber says usbmouse=off ( so it looks like quiet usbmouse=off ) then hit enter. Pick full mode. Hope this works. Good luck!

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Per his post and my past experience, the mouse will probably work up to the point that one picks Full or Safe, which is when the abhererent Linux usb mouse driver is loaded.

But some ohave trouble withthe mouse form the get go and using tab and arrow keys should prove a worthy alternative to get to the entry line. :)

5. APBIDDLE

APBIDDLE Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion. However, the keyboard is inop throughout the entire process, so I wasn't able to implement it. I did a quick look for a configuration file to edit, but didn't find one.

Well, for now I can get by, since there is a way to do this if needed. And of course, Acronis will get right on this Real Soon Now.

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

The mouse problem with some Logitech mice has still not been solved in the latest v9 version and apparently not in TI 10.

If you riase a support request with Acronis, they will make you a special ISO which contains the usbmouse=off parameter.

The downside of this, is that you have to ask them to make a new one each time an upgrade occurs.

Most of the time I use the BartPE.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.