USB Mouse and Keyboard through a KVM

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Data-Dase, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Data-Dase

Data-Dase Registered Member

hello,

Acronis True Image 9.1 (Bootable CD) dose not work OK with my USB mouse, the up&down movement dose not work and when I move the mouse left&right the mouse move up&down on the screen!!!!

so I just use the keyboard shortcuts and it dose the job perfectly

I use KVM (DVI & USB) I didn't try a direct connection or/and PS2 mouse.

the mouse works perfectly with Windows XP SP2 and Win2003 Enterprise through the KVM.

is it because the KVM act like a USB Hub o_O

(extra info.) also through the KVM I can not use the mouse and the keyboard to install Linux SuSE 10.1 on another Server !!!!!!!

any solution for that in the upcoming Acronis builds

Note: I use Avocent SwitchView DVI 4-port KVM Switch

Thank you for your time

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Data-Dase,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/ and your bootable rescue media was created with it.

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet usbmouse=off, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

- What are the exact vendor and model of your mouse? What operating system do you use? What the exact version and build number of Acronis True Image do you have? You can find this information in Main menu Help->About.

Could you please clarify whether you use Acronis True Image for this purpose?

Can you install Linux SuSe 10.0 if you do not use KVM?

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.