USB Keyboard and Mouse Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by G500, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G500

G500 Registered Member

i have got a bought copy of Acronis True Image Echo Workstation with UniversalRestore i have made a image of my old computer then i made a boot disc using Bootable Rescue Media Builder to install it on a nother computer after installing the image to the new computer i can not use the keyboard or mouse as it is usb and my new computer a dell Optiplex 21ol only support the usb not the old type off keyboard and mouse any ideas how to get round this as i can install the drivers with out the mouse or keyboard and most new computer are only comming with usb keyboard and mouse many thanks Glen

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello G500,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that modern Windows operating systems have basic drivers for such devices included and will install them in several minutes after boot automatically. For older operating systems you may need to install those drivers before creating an image/cloning the system.

You may also find this Acronis KB article useful.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. jwjw1

jwjw1 Registered Member

Support...this is a bunch of bunk...I have no issue with using a USB Keyboard or Mouse with any other company products that loads after posting the bios..and your recovery media is 50/50 that it will work or not..seems to depend on how your next released is coded....USB support works flawlessy..when your media loads and you need to select which option you need..'full or safe' or 'continue with windows' selection..once that is made your recovery cd then continues to load it own drivers....thats when USB support is lost...its not windows fault but Arconis.

a good example would be version 9.1.3534 Server Edition that gave me full USB support thoughout Arconis GUI until the 'exit' to reboot..then you come out with 9.1.3567 Server and it then loses all USB Mouse Support once it goes past your 'selection' screen to the 'black' loading drivers screen thats in quiet mode.

many paid customers of your product do have a 'need' and 'use' a boot recovery CD that they burn to a normal 700mb media. I notice from time to time your 'recovery' program burned to the cd varies from each version release from 38mb to as high as 58mbs....38mbs must be saving on drivers..huh!...I noticed you posted on your support forum 'How to navigate without a Mouse'...thats a Cop Out...feel free to use the extra 600mbs of the customers CD for your paid product.

Maybe you continue to have a high fear of people just creating a 'recovery cd' and throwing it up on a warez site..and your fear is understandable and justified..but don't slam the customer who paid and needs full support of hardware....get 'wise' and make it so its computer dependent when created...if that customer is using a USB mouse..then see to it the 'recovery cd' is burned with the needed drivers....would you like to be told 'how to navigate a river without a boat'

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.