Usb HD seen as Scsi

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pcramwinckel, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcramwinckel

pcramwinckel Guest

The external USB harddisk is seen by Acronis True Image v. 8 as a SCSc disk. How come ?

2. pcramwinckel

pcramwinckel Registered Member

I upgraded to the latest build of Acronis Image ,but stll the same problem: the external Usb Drive is seen as a SCSI drive. This is not normal. Any advice please?.

3. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

So what's the problem?

4. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

Yeah, I would say count yourself lucky it sees it. Who cares what TI calls it. Does it work when you use it to store an image on?

Tipton

5. pcramwinckel

pcramwinckel Registered Member

Acronis Image should see external drives such as USB SCSI etc, that's is written in the program documentation. So no surprise here. But when Partition Manager V 8 looks at the drive it says it is badly formatted and also that the drive geometry has errors on it. That 's why I am sceptical about the results. BTW, it is an IBM 20 Gb drive. Maybe it needs a low level format first (to correct the gemotry) any ideas for a low level format program ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.