USB Function missing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by csos, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csos

csos Registered Member

Hi,
    First,
    I DID search for USB no results, so if it was asked, sorry.
    I am wondering if the USB mouse function will be integrated into the CD Boot options.
    I have USB enabled from BIOS, flashes but when Bootloader is activated from CD , USisabled.
    Second, Boot From CD Rom is not a option from within Director..should have probably been a seperate forum ?

3rd.

I am flabberghasted at the cross compatibility, just did Raptor Raid 3 Part 3 differet OS image back up as said from SATA to Sata raid.......
    Kudos.....I nealr shot myself for wasting again money on competition .

Just one plea.....please lower the price for us Fiekld techs on the server compatibility....I am not capable of such amounts.

Looking for easy migrate next, filled out Beta.......I hope this transfers complete profiles inclusive e-Accounts with full configs and passwords. :D

2. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

Usb mouse support is fine, it works for me and ive used acronis on hundreds of machines with usb mice. Its more likely going to be the usb hub or port support on the chipset the acronis cd has problems with rather than the actual mouse. But as i say ive had next to no problems with usb devices, are you using the latest acronis downloaded from the web site?

Acronis does have some compatibility with SATA and raid but the server edition is fine with them in windows.

3. csos

csos Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes latest version, I am working with both CD's
    Disk Director and true image, both do not let my mouse function, had to go PS2.
    I shuld say though that i created the ISO's on a different machine which did not use USB mice.
    The machine that i am currently testing on is a AMD64 rig vs 32 bit original to creae the disks.

I am just tsting the True mage, did a full backup image , formatted the active partition and am reestoring patial now...
    Kinda cool never did this before.
    So, wonder what else it could be that it will not allow USB mouse to function ?

4. csos

csos Registered Member

Well, the good news is.that the partition got resored, so the drive is bootable again.......
    The bad is , that every single "3" Boot descriptions from within OS selector now points to the original primary active , the one i restored.

I went ahead and pasted the original Boot.ini to all three Partitions, which does not make a difference.
    I will nowuninstall the OS selector or make it in active if there is such an ioption and have the /OS do the load sequencxe.

As usual, Windows loves to squeeze itself into any config on any drive,,,,
    So once i have this fixed, ...I am hoping that the OS selector wil Disallow for windows to crosswrite and isolate the installs.

5. csos

csos Registered Member

Ok, back in bvusiness, nbow i have to figure out how to fix the OS selctor to recognize the correct partitions...i assume an uninstall and re install........i wait for a reply, been up all night
    Thank you :cool:

6. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

os selector does nothing but give me hassle. i either use grub or the boot ini todo it. Acronis True image should be used for a full drive restore, if you have your os selector set up before cloning it should still be working fine after you have restored

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.