USB Flash

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by lightning113, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightning113

lightning113 Registered Member

Hi,maybe someone with some knowledge could set me straight.I have just this week installed Backup and Recovery 11 on a HP 300-1025 Touchsmart loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.After fooling with another product for years I got tired of the bugs and conflicts and got Paragon which seems to run fine on my machine.

I've created my backups on a 1 TB external USB drive-no problem there.For some reason I could not get the wizard and my machine to create Bootable CD Media (WinPE)-the wizard wouldn't complete and I couldn't format the new disks on my machine..CD/RW,so I created a Bootable USB Flash Stick.It copied and is on the stick.My question is this stick supposed to boot directly into Paragon Boot manager?The only way I can get it to work is to take two extra steps which are tapping the Escape key,and then the boot order comes up and my flash drive is at the bottom..if I highlite the Flash and hit enter it boots into the Paragon program.If I go to the menu that allows me to change the boot order the USB Stick is not there even when plugged in.Is this correct?

I hope I can fix this because I'm pleased with program.By the way I have used the program Iso file and the downloadable file same results.Thanks.

2. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

This is the normal way to boot the WinPE USB card, as far as the normal boot sequence, in some computers, if the Boot speed is set to Fast, the computer will boot only from the HDD.

Setting the Boot Speed to Normal mat let you set the boot sequence to the USB port.

3. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Use EasyBCD and you will have it available as as boot-menu during boot-up!

And, do away with CD, DVD and USB. However, create a USB and have it for emergencies if your hard disk fails.

http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

Best regards,

KOR!

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The device order on bootup is a function of the BIOS. I have a machine that the BIOS will quickly go down a long list of potential boot devices and others where I have to change the boot order because the flash drive is seen as a HD and the HD menu is limited.

I don't need to use the recovery media other than to test it when I make it so I don't really care - unless the disk crashes and that is an extremely rare event. If you are doing a restore from within a running Windows system it will set things up, reboot and load the recovery envronment off your HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.