USB External Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sassysclassy, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sassysclassy

sassysclassy Registered Member

Acronis keeps telling me can't find any hard drive when I try to backup or clone. My C drive is a Seagate as well as hard drive in Ultra enclosure. Do I need to do something special to get program to recognize? Have formatted NTFS. Any help would be appreciated.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Are you using the latest version 3,633?

Have you tried booting from the user created recovery CD?

3. sassysclassy

sassysclassy Registered Member

Hi,
    Yes, I'm using latest build. I even downloaded and tried repair. No, I haven't tried booting from the CD as yet. Wouldn't it work from the desktop without having to boot from CD? I want to use as backup and having to boot from CD all the time is kind of extra work. I'm used to Maxtor one touch but would like to create a complete disk image. Finally figured out the cloning. It also concerns me that using the desktop icon doesn't find any hard drives--not even my main C drive. I'm reformating the external drive again and will try boot from CD. Thanx

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sassysclassy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

As GroverH advised above, please also create the bootable rescue media and see how the program works in rescue mode.

Please find the detailed information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.