USB Device Not Entering Suspend State

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by layman, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layman

layman Registered Member

This may or may not be a NOD32 problem, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has seen Power Management changes since installing v5. One of our Windows 7 machines went weird around the time v5 was installed. Just ran a power efficiency diagnostic to see if I could discover why the machine stopped sleeping. Got a number of "not entering the suspend state" errors.

I think I'll take the machine back to v4 and see if the power management on this machine returns to acting normally.

2. layman

layman Registered Member

It's a bit early to say for sure, but having reverted to v4, Power Managment on this laptop appears to be working normally.

3. layman

layman Registered Member

It's now clear that the Power Management problem on this machine was due to the "USB Device Not Entering Suspend State" condition, and that reverting to v4 solved the problem. I'm going to switch our third NOD32 machine back to v4, as well. I am apparently the only person who has noticed this problem, but I can't help thinking it relates somehow to the USB problems v5 is causing on XP.

4. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

It seems that power management in Windows 7 is more granular than in XP. If there is a relationship between what you noted and what is happening with NOD32 v 5.0.x in Windows XP SP3, it does not seem to be something that can be managed with the system tools. If there were something that could be altered in the registry, that might be okay, except that such a change might affect other devices in unpredictable ways. I realize that you are not saying that it's possible to actually manage the suspend state of a USB drive in Windows 7, but rather that the system actually reports the issue instead of not reporting anything as in Windows XP. Maybe this will be a hint to Eset as to a working fix for the problem in XP.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you tried using the Power Settings Command-Line Tool (filename: POWERCFG.EXE) from an elevated Command Prompt to generate a diagnostic report? The syntax is "powercfg -energy".

The report it generates may helpful in identifying where the issue is occurring, exactly.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.