usb 3.0 supported?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by davidm71, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidm71

davidm71 Registered Member

Was wondering if usb 3.0 is supported with Partition Manager Professional?

Thanks.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Hard Disk Manager 2011 is advertised as "USB 3.0 ready".

I have an USB 3.0 EVGA card installed and an USB 3.0 external disk, but when I tried the HDM WinPE disk with it, the drive was not recognized (the USB 3.0 32-bit drivers can be added manually).

HDM may work with USB 3.0 disks from Windows (I have not tried). Perhaps this is what "USB 3.0 ready" means. But in this case the USB 3.0 support is provided by the Windows USB 3.0 drivers installed, and it should work for any program.

I supposed is the same for Partition Manager.

4. robjf

robjf Registered Member

I just connected an Iomega eGo BlackBelt USB3 ext HDD to a USB2 port and it's seen by Windows but not by Partition Manager 2011. Any suggestions on how to get it formatted FAT32? (Required to transfer files between a Humax PVR and a Windows 7 laptop.)

Edit: I can now see it in Volume Explorer but not in Disk Map, and I can't see how to do anything to it. And it's showing up as FAT16, despite the fact that the partition was deleted.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.