URL will not open

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by bamawoman66, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamawoman66

bamawoman66 Registered Member

I am having a problem opening a URL I was using finance.yahoo.com as my home page and it quit working. When I try to open the site with internet explorer or firefox it says the page cannot be displayed. This is the only site that I have tried that I have a problem with. I can open yahoo.com and then click on news, finance, etc with the same results.

2. sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr Registered Member

I had no problem going there. Try making the url trusted, allowed and exempted.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

4. bamawoman66

How do you make the site allowed and exempted. I already had the site in my trusted sites. As I said earlier I have tried the site in IE7 and firefox with the same results. I was using it as my home page when it quit working.

5. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Try to clear your history,temp files. In FF go to extra,options,privacy,then check the option delete my ... (I don't know how it's called in the English version) then press on ok. Close FF. I don't use IE but you must also find it under extra,options or something similar. Try also to refresh the page by pressing on the f5 button.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

"page cannot be displayed" sometimes is a result of a Hosts file entry.

By chance are you using a Hosts file and if so which one ?
    Hpguru's Hosts File has a finance.yahoo.com entry.

7. bamawoman66

Iam using Hostsman. I edited the file for finance.yahoo.com and it still doesn't work in IE7 or FF. Any other suggestions.

8. bamawoman66

Thank you Bubba

I deleted my hosts file and I can now connect to finance.yahoo.com

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome but you should be able to remove the 127.0.0.1 finance.yahoo.com entry in the actual Hosts file and still use the remaining entries of your Hosts file :doubt:

10. bamawoman66

I removed finance.yahoo.com and I was still not able to connect to finance.yahoo.com until I disabled the hosts file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.