URL Redirection

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Can anyone help with this ? Over the last couple of days I have been unable to visit a common website that I have visited thousands of times over the years. The website in question is www.willhill.com I visit this site because I get my information to watch Horse Racing from The UK as I'm in Australia. what I have been getting redirected to now is this https://www.sportingbet.com.au/?utm_source=williamhill&utm_medium=all&utm_campaign=wh-traffic and I pretty well annoyed about it, as I've contacted these people and they don't seem to care. From what I can understand is I'm being redirected to this site because it is in Partnership with the UK website and people in My Country are getting redirected here to bribe them to sign up NO CHANCE IN HELL!... I was wondering if there's a solution to trick the website into believing that I am actually in the Country of the Websites origin, in this case the UK ?

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

You can use some proxy from UK. When you will access site from UK IP it will probably alow you to visit that site. I would also delete cookies and other temporary internet files before visiting it through proxy.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Thanks I found anonymouse.org and accessed the site no trouble. Added the webpage I wanted to use to favourites through anonymouse and I get there in a blink of an eye every time. Just a little popup of an advertisement but clicking close solves that ad problem. its just like using the site normally :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.