Url filtering on nod32 AV business

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by certil, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. certil

certil Registered Member

Dear all,
    It seems we can use url filtering in your product (I tried successfully on 4.0.417 and the last build of 3.0).
    However if I try to configure that with our server (remote administrator 3.0.105), I could find the configuration only in the "personnal firewall part". Moreover, the URL lists are well pulled by the client (for example if I add a new one called SOCIAL-NETWORKING), but they don't contain any url of which I entered.

I tried this with 3.0 and 4.0 clients and on many servers (all in 3.0.105) without any success. I tried as well with french and english version, no more success.

Thanks by advance and let me know if it not detailed enough.

Regards, Aurelien

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Are you not better using a service such as OpenDNS?

3. certil

certil Registered Member

I am going to try this and it seems to be a good answer for most cases.

However, it's just because some client want me to set up this think like a "quick and inexpensive way to forbid 10 urls" when Nod32 is bought by them.

I agree your answer or some url filtering dedicated tools (websense/ dansuardian) would be better.

++
    Aurel

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is actually a bug, we'll fix it in one of the upcoming builds.

5. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

Upgrading from 3 to 4 I see this too. In 3 this worked, but as I upgrade to 4 my URL block lists is not working.

I have a URL Filter, so that's not critical -- BUT the important thing for me is my list of URLs that are excluded from filtering isn't working either. These are only there because Nod32 causes problems with these URLs. Mostly things like Novell Zenworks ZCC site, WSUS, and the like.

6. certil

certil Registered Member

Dear Marcos,
    could you tell me in which release it will be fixed and when is the roadmap for this fix?

Just to not be forced to check it as every release.
    Regards,
    Aurelien

7. smagus

smagus Registered Member

We have the same issue. In version 3 everything is ok, but URL filtering is not working in version 4. Do you have some information when it'lll be fixed? We're waiting with the migration from 3 to 4 until the fix will arrive.

thanks

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

See this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.